February 20, 2009

Lately...

Lately, I've been having a change of dreams. I mean, I still want to be a chemist, but maybe I could be an author too. I've always loved to write, and lately, as most of my friends know, I've been writing more and more. It just comes naturally to me I guess, but hey, a lot of people can understand algerbra naturally. I wish I could. Then, I wouldn't have an 82 average. But whatever.
Also, it seems to me now, that trying to be the smartest in school is utterly useless. It's never going to happen, and now my grades are starting to slip. I mean it's not like I'm doing this on purpose because I'm not. I just become preoccupied with other things. And at the moment, school isn't my first priority. I know that a few people that I know, most of them my family would take that the wrong way and tell me it's my job. But it's not. School isn't a job, it's something that you are taught to do in order to make something of yourself in the society. I could already make something of myself. I could easily finish my book and publish it. But of course, that would never be an option for me. My parents would just push me back down to the ground and tell me that my one and only goal in life is to do good in school and graduate from college.
What if I didn't want to. What if I just wanted to go around and have a 12th grade education (I don't plan on living life with a 8th grade education) and became an author? Would they approve? I doubt it. No, I highly doubt it.
Sorry to those who read this blog. I've just been under a lot of pressure at school and needed somewhere to vent.

XOXO
Addo